Degree: Associate of Applied Science
Major: Entertainment Media Production
Concentration: Music Business
For more information, contact the Humanities division at 615-230-3200 or at email@example.com.
Entertainment Media Production combines several areas with the same purpose: to get students trained and plugged into the entertainment industry in Tennessee. Tracks include concentrations in music production, music business, multimedia and web design, video production. The Associate of Applied Science program is designed for the media workplace.
This track prepares students for work in the business sector of music entertainment. The track focuses on skills necessary for beginning and maintaining a professional career in the music entertainment industry. The track has a strong emphasis on practical applications of classroom knowledge to the Nashville Business environment.
All students graduating with a degree from VSCC are required to take the E-Proficiency Profile (EPP) to meet graduation requirements. More information can be found at https://www.volstate.edu/graduation/exit-exams, or by talking with your advisor.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, the graduate will have developed the skills, knowledge and abilities to accomplish the following:
- Apply knowledge of entertainment industry terminology and processes to real-world scenarios.
- Apply targeted marketing principles to effectively sell a product or artist.
- Design and manipulate digital images to create effective communications for the entertainment industry.
- Explain and apply basic music terminology and theory.
- Students will be able to work as a team to create an effective new artist presentation for industry representatives.
CIP Code: (30) 50.0102.00