Feb 18, 2019
For more information on this program, contact the Math and Science division at 615-230-3261 or at email@example.com.
The Agri- Science Associate of Science is a two-year program for students who will transfer to Austin Peay State University to continue study leading to the bachelor's degree in Agriculture with a concentration in Agri-Science.
A recent national study predicts a shortage of college graduates in agriculture in the areas of management and science. Graduates with management and financial skills will be in demand. Agri-business, government agencies and related industries need managers and technicians who can communicate with farmers. Graduates who broaden their agricultural experiences with courses in business and computers can enhance their opportunities for employment in agriculture.
All students graduating with a degree from VSCC are required to take the Educational Testing Service Proficiency Profile (ETSP). More information can be found at http://www.volstate.edu/Testing/Services.php.
General Education Requirements - Credits (41)
Major Core Course Requirements - Credits (21)
VSCC Total Degree Requirements - Credits (62)
Career and Salary Information
The following is a list of some of the career choices that may be obtained upon completion of this program. Please visit the following website onetonline.org or speak to an advisor for additional career opportunities, salary information and education requirements. Salaries are not guaranteed.
||Beginning Salary with Bachelor Degree
||Experienced Salary with Bachelor Degree
VSCC Recommended Schedule
This is a recommended schedule. Learning Support, pre-requisites and other academic factors may impact this schedule. See your advisor to create a degree plan.
DegreeWorks, along with the correct catalog, should be utilized by students for all of their educational planning. Students can monitor their progress toward a degree or certificate and view missing requirements with the DegreeWorks audit, which is accessible through My Volstate.
VSCC First Year Fall Semester - Credits (16)
VSCC First Year Spring Semester - Credits (16)
- Humanities and/or Fine Arts Credits: (3)
VSCC Second Year Fall Semester - Credits (14)
VSCC Second Year Spring Semester - Credits (16)
- Humanities and/or Fine Arts (See General Education Requirements in Catalog) Credits: (3)
APSU B.S. Degree Program
Complete the last two years at APSU to earn a B.S. degree in Agriculture (Agri-Science concentration)
B.S. Degree Requirements:
- Earn a minimum of 120 semester hours of credit
- Earn at least 39 credit hours in course numbered 3000-4999 or upper division elective transfer credits.
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 in all courses attempted.
APSU Third Year Fall Semester - Credits (15)
- AGRI 2210/2211L Soils Credits: (4) ¹
- AGRI 3310/3311L Animal Nutrition and Feeding Credits: (4) ¹
- AGRI 3420 Forage Crops Credits: (3) ¹
- AGRI 4010 Agriculture Seminar Credits: (1)
- Electives Credits: (3) ²
APSU Third Year Spring Semester - Credits (16)
- AGRI 3320/3321L Soil and Water Conservation Credits: (3) ³
- AGRI 4020 Agriculture Seminar Credits: (1)
- AGRI Upper-Level Electives (3000-4999) Credits: (6) ¹
- Upper-Level Electives (3000-4999) Credits: (3) ¹
- Electives Credits: (3) ¹
APSU Fourth Year Fall Semester - Credits (16)
- AGRI 3500 Agricultural Economics Credits: (3) ²
- AGRI 4430 Genetics of Crops and Livestock Credits: (3) ²
- AGRI 4500/4501L Farm Planning & Management Credits: (4) ²
- Electives Credits: (6) ¹
APSU Fourth Year Spring Semester - Credits (13)
- AGRI 4030 Senior Seminar Credits: (1)
- AGRI Upper-Level Electives (3000-4999) Credits: (3) ²
- Upper-Level Electives (3000-4999) Credits: (4) ²
- Electives Credits: (5) ²
¹ These courses are usually offered only in the semester they are listed.
² Consult your advisor.
³ Course is usually offered every other year in the semester listed.