For more information on this program, contact the Math and Science division at 615-230-3261 or at email@example.com.
This career pathway provides the academic knowledge and practical experience necessary to prepare students for employment as a highly-skilled Mechatronics technician. The concentration is specifically provided for students who are interested in working as a technician in an integrated multidisciplinary environment. Upon successful completion of the program, students will be afforded the opportunity to complete the Level 2 Certification Examination to become a Siemens Certified Mechatronics Systems Associate. This program is designed for students interested in getting into the workforce quickly with the technical skills employers demand. Students must successfully complete a minimum of 12 credits of MECH classes at VSCC in order to graduate.
All students graduating with a degree from VSCC are required to take the Educational Testing Service Proficiency Profile (ETSP) to meet graduation requirements. More information can be found at https://www.volstate.edu/testing.
Students earning a degree in a Mechatronics Technology are required to take the MECH Exit Exam in order to graduate. Please, see your advisor for more details.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, the graduate will have developed the skills, knowledge and abilities to accomplish the following:
- The graduate will have demonstrated a thorough understanding of the electrical components, electric motors, and mechanical components in a mechatronics system.
- The graduate will demonstrate a thorough understanding of basic pneumatic, electro pneumatic and hydraulic control circuits in a mechatronics system.
- The graduate will demonstrate a thorough understanding of basic digital logic and programmable logic controllers (PLCs) in a mechatronics system.
- The graduate will have demonstrated the ability to use troubleshooting techniques, correct malfunctions, perform systematic preventive maintenance and apply safety rules with respect to electrical components, mechanical components, electric motors, pneumatic and hydraulic controls, and PLCs used in a mechatronics system.
- The graduate will have demonstrated the ability to install, implement and modify software tools used in mechatronic systems.
CIP Code: (09) 15.0403.00 SOC Code: 17-3024