Dec 02, 2022
For more information on this program, contact the Business and Technology division at 615-230-3301 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Marketing A.S. (TTP - Tennessee Transfer Pathway) degree emphasis is a two-year program for students planning to pursue a bachelor's degree in Marketing. Upon completion of the bachelor's degree, graduates could be expected to assume responsibilities represented by titles including Marketing Manager or Marketing Strategists.
The Tennessee Transfer Pathway (TTP) degree is designed to create a smooth transition to all public universities offering a Baccalaureate degree in this major by guaranteeing the transferability of all courses. For transfer to other four-year institutions, contact an advisor at the senior institution. Note: There are to be no course substitutions in this program.
All students graduating with a degree from VSCC are required to take the Educational Testing Service Proficiency Profile (ETSP) to meet graduation requirements. More information can be found at https://www.volstate.edu/testing.
All Marketing A.S. freshmen entering Vol State Fall 2020 or after that have not completed at least 15 college-level credit hours with a 3.0 or higher inclusive GPA must take FYEX 1030 and 1040.
CIP Code: (16) 24.0101.01
General Education Requirements - Credits (41)
Area of Emphasis Requirements - Credits (19)
Total Degree Requirements - Credits (60)
- Students who plan to transfer to UTK should take an Introduction to Ethics course as one of their Humanities/Fine Arts courses or as an alternative guided elective.
- MTSU and UTK require MATH 1630. Students transferring to TSU, UTC or UTM should take a college algebra course. UofM requires MATH 1710 or MATH 1830. APSU requires MATH 1710 only. ETSU requires MATH 1530. TTU requires MATH 1130. Johnson University requires MATH 1130 or MATH 1530.
- Students who plan to transfer to UTK should complete MATH 2050: Calculus-Based Probability and Statistics.
- Applied Calculus or equivalent is NOT required at UT Martin, MTSU or TTU. MATH 1830 is prerequisite to MATH 2050 for UTK requirement.
- Students who plan to transfer to UTK should take MGT 201 equivalent, if available (BUSN 2330 or BUSN 1305, if BUSN 2330 not offered), as their guided elective. For those students who are transferring to UTK and are required to take FYEX courses, the total degree hours will be 62.
Students who plan to transfer to UTK will be required to demonstrate intermediate level competency in Foreign Language before graduating from UTK. Students may demonstrate intermediate level competence after transferring to UTK.
Students who plan to transfer to UTK will be required to complete ENGL 295 at UTK if they have not completed an equivalent course at their community college. Advisors are invited to contact the UTK Transfer Center to learn more about course equivalencies.
- All Marketing AS (TTP) freshmen entering Vol State Fall 2020 or later that have not completed at least 15 college-level credit hours with a 3.0 or higher inclusive GPA must take FYEX 1030 and 1040.
This is a recommended schedule. Learning Support, pre-requisites and other academic factors may impact this schedule. See your advisor to create a degree plan.
DegreeWorks, along with the correct catalog, should be utilized by students for all of their educational planning. Students can monitor their progress toward a degree or certificate and view missing requirements with the DegreeWorks audit, which is accessible through My Volstate.
First Year - Fall Semester - Credits (16.5)
First Year - Spring Semester - Credits (16.5)
Second Year - Fall Semester - Credits (13)
Second Year - Spring Semester - Credits (14)