For more information on this program, contact the Humanities division at 615-230-3200 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The changes to the program below are currently pending final TBR approval.
Entertainment Media Production combines several areas with the same purpose: to get students trained and plugged into the entertainment industry in Tennessee. Tracks include concentrations in music production, music business, multimedia and web design, and video production. The Associate of Applied Science program is designed for the media workplace.
This track prepares students for work in studios and with video industry companies. The subject areas include television and video production, digital video editing, and field production and lighting. Courses are designed to round out studio skills with conceptual knowledge while working in the Vol State television studio.
All students graduating with an A.A.S. in Entertainment Media Production are required to the Entertainment Media Production Exit Exam, and the Educational Testing Service Proficiency Profile (ETSP) to meet graduation requirements. More information can be found at https://www.volstate.edu/testing, or by talking with your advisor.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, the graduate will have developed the skills, knowledge and abilities to accomplish the following:
- Apply knowledge of entertainment industry terminology and processes to real-world scenarios.
- Apply targeted marketing principles to effectively sell a product or artist.
- Evaluate 2-dimensional visuals for use in entertainment marketing and communication.
- Design and manipulate digital images to create effective communications for the entertainment industry.
- Explain and apply basic music terminology and theory.
- Students will be able to work as a team to create an effective new artist presentation for industry representatives.