For more information on this program, contact the Humanities division at 615-230-3200 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entertainment Media Production combines several areas with the same purpose: to get students trained and plugged into the entertainment industry in Tennessee. Tracks include concentrations in music production, music business, multimedia and web design, and video production. The Associate of Applied Science is designed for the media workplace.
This track prepares students for work in studios and with music industry companies. The subject areas include audio recording techniques, digital audio technology, and audio for multimedia. Courses are designed to round out studio skills with conceptual knowledge, such as media advertising and sales. Students work in the Vol State recording studio anchored by an Avid/Euphonix S5 Fusion digital audio console with Eucon technology.
All students graduating with an A.A.S. in Entertainment Media Production are required to the Entertainment Media Production Exit Exam, and the Educational Testing Service Proficiency Profile (ETSP) to meet graduation requirements. More information can be found at https://www.volstate.edu/testing, or by talking with your advisor.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, the graduate will have developed the skills, knowledge and abilities to accomplish the following:
- Apply knowledge of entertainment industry terminology and processes to real-world scenarios.
- Apply targeted marketing principles to effectively sell a product or artist.
- Evaluate 2-dimensional visuals for use in entertainment marketing and communication.
- Design and manipulate digital images to create effective communications for the entertainment industry.
- Explain and apply basic music terminology and theory.
- Students will be able to work as a team to create an effective new artist presentation for industry representatives.